1st Camera Check - Ohio Buck

Discussion in 'Deer Cam Pictures' started by SP1, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Checked the cam for the first time since April. In July things got good! Looks like this guy has made this his home. BAtteries died about the middle of July so I'm missing about a half a month of pictures. Batteries are changed and cam is back up. Cant wait to check it again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Looks like a shooter to me.

3. NICE. What kind of cam is that? looks like it takes good pics.

4. Awesome rac k on him. Have you noticed his frame? UnderstaNDING ITS july but wow is he skinny! Wish I has his abbs

5. Moultrie i40. Yeah, a lot of the deer look really skinny this year. This is the first time we've had the camera out this early so I'm not sure if this is typical or not.

6. Sorry to keep jumping subject.. but, what kind of battery life do you get out of the i40?

7. No problem. I put this one up last year for about five months and when I took it down it said it still had 85% and had probably taken 1500 pics most being at night. Now this camera was hung in April and the battiers finally died in mid-July. Also, about 90% of the 3500 pics from this set were in infrared because of the positioning. So I almost got 1 full year out of them. Not bad considering the infrared was on most the time.

Moultire does suggest using only Duracell. The store didn't have any last weekend so I had to go with Energizer so well see if it makes any difference.

I think they are still going for around $200 in the stores, however check Amazon first. I got everything (cam, 2 4GB SDHC cards and a card reader) for $150.

8. Thanks, I took a pointer from you and when I reset the cam we put it right up close. Hopefully I'll get some better ones between now and October.