2011 Bear Drawing Complete

Discussion in 'Bear Hunting' started by Huntinguide, Feb 1, 2011.

1. I just talked to a lady on the DNR Chat line and she said the drawing has been complete Good luck Guys

2. Here are the actual drawing results

The 2011 Class A bear drawing is complete. Notices to successful applicants were mailed yesterday. Applicants may check their drawing or preference point status on-line by accessing their DNR Customer account, calling DNR's Call Center at 1-888-936-7463 (toll-free, 7 days a week, 7am-10pm), or visiting a DNR Service Center. Drawing winners may purchase their Class A bear license beginning March 9, 2011.

There were 103,853 Class A Bear license applications this year. Of the 103,853 applicants, 27,793 requested a license and 76,060 requested a preference point only.

A total of 9,005 customers were successful in this year's bear drawing. The minimum number of preference points required to draw a license were:

Zone A - 1,127 people with 6 points who wanted a kill tag were awarded a license and 89 with 6 points who wanted a license were NOT awarded a license. Everyone with 7 points or more got a license in Zone A.

Zone B - 43 people with 8 points who wanted a kill tag were awarded a license and 606 with 8 points who wanted a license were NOT awarded a license. Everyone with 9 points or more got a license in Zone B.

Zone C - 233 people with 4 points who wanted a kill tag were awarded a license and 1,161 with 4 points who wanted a license were NOT awarded a license. Everyone with 5 points or more got a license in Zone C.

Zone D - 20 people with 7 points who wanted a kill tag were awarded a license and 917 with 7 points who wanted a license were NOT awarded a license. Everyone with 8 points or more got a license in Zone D.

Total licenses by zone: Zone A - 3,465; Zone B - 1,510; Zone C - 2,550; and Zone D - 1,480.

Read more about the 2011 bear quotas and harvest permit levels: http://dnr.wi.gov/news/weekly.asp#art2 .

3. I'm back up to 4 points. My hunting partner and son have 5 points. We can't wait.:bowdown:

4. preference points?

So when a person applies for a license to hunt bear do they only get one preference point each year? I'd like to start getting my boys signed up for state bear tags. When you sign up is there a fee for this? Thanks

5. its one point a year and its $3 fee. has to be in by dec 12th.