4 years pics of same buck

Discussion in 'Deer Cam Pictures' started by Boysen, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Boysen

Boysen Guest

I think this is the best thing about using trail cameras.
    I have pictures of the same buck over the last 4 years.
    I don't think this buck will ever score over 150".
    What do you guys think?
    He did not look in very good shape the first couple of years,
    that may be why he does not have a bigger rack as a 4 year old.
    This is the first picture I have got of him this year I had forgot about him.

His 2005 rack

[​IMG]

His 2006 rack

[​IMG]

His 2007 rack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And his 2008 rack

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Definitely very cool and very observant of you to figure that out and track that same buck through those 4 years.

3. poor nutrition when young

I also think it's awesome you were able to identify and watch this buck over the years...and he's nothing to walk away from now, that's one beautiful animal.

It's well known that all youngsters have to have adequate nutrition to grow, and it sure looks like this one didn't...poor mast years?

4. he didn't seem to change much the last two years. hopefully next year he'll put on some major mass. Can't wait to see next years pics.

5. kurtish

kurtish Guest

It's surprising that he didn't blow into a giant this season. Maybe this next season will be the one that he really turns into something. He was definitely in rough shape those first few years, especially in comparison to this seasons pic....I think he learned how to use his energy more efficiently during the november love fest :D. Nothing sweeter than watching them grow up, you have a really cool history with this buck. Thanks for sharing

6. One of the best spreads (of pics) I have seen. Very nicely done. The split ear is cool eh?

7. Being that he didn't gain much in mass and growth from 07 to 08 I'm guessing that the Rut and winter stress of 07-08 played a significant role in keeping his growth stunted. If you have a average winter in your area and he was not seriously stressed by the Rut I would look for him to gain a bunch of inches this year barring any drought this summer. Nice set of pics!

8. Boysen

Boysen Guest

I will post a update he did grow into a 15 pointer I will try to post some pictures of him this year.

B