Alabama bowhunter needs help on public hunting

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by ssime, Apr 26, 2011.

1. I am a Alabama native that's going to bowhunt up there in Wis. this next year, I use to live in Janesville 30 years ago and I'm planning a bow hunt to the Meadow valley area. I would like anyone's help that can offer advice on the area. camping for the hunt,I have sent and gotten a map and info from the area manager,Is this a good area to bowhunt? how are the crowds?any help would be great thanks too everyone for the help.

2. Hunting public hunting grounds in Southern WI can be dismal, crowded & scarce game. I have gone a time or 2, mostly to take the dog out in a less active season.

I'd for sure try to go during a weekday & get away from easily accessed areas. A few years back I was out just the dog & I. As I was moving to the edge areas there stood a deer, yes it may of even been during one of the extended CWD seasons. You may also have it to yourself if you go when the weather is less than ideal. Good luck.