close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any one use a tail sock?

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Merimac, Nov 13, 2007.

1. When your dogs tail just keeps getting beat up... I was wondering is any one has figured out a solution?

2. You get a docked tailed dog.......end of problem. Not to mention your new dog will probably be a good retriever too.:D

3. I don't know all my dogs have short tails. So I guess the answer would be crop your dogs tail. :D

Seriously thought some people I know use the orange traffic wands over the dogs tails to protect them. And they help to see where the dog is on point in the tall grass.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2007
  4. Tail protecters

I got some tail protectors like the ones mentioned in PDJ from Lewis Boot Company. I called them They shipped and then I sent them a check. Business the old fashioned way, the way it should be. I think they were close to $4 ea. Some hurt free medical tape and voila. Let me know what you find out.

5. Those things are as preposterous as those orange field vests or those neoprene things. Silly,silly,silly.....They do more for the owner's psyche than help the dog in any way.:cool:

A great marketing ploy to separate a fool from his money.

6. I will give it a try.

Thanks

7. My girl's tail is a 2/3's docking, typical of the breed (Pudelpointer).

Haven't noticed a need yet...but she is only a little over a year. She does need a belly protector though. Thanks for the info...incase we ever need it.