close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bucks and More Bucks

Discussion in 'Deer Cam Pictures' started by Terrific_tom, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Hope a few of these made it thru the gun season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Nice. I love the location of that camera on that trail.

3. that is a nice trail they have there! nice camera placement also. A few more years and they will be ready for ya to take! keep posting!

4. Steve

Steve Staff Member

What brand is that camera?

5. Steve it is a Homebrew that I built. It has a Sony S600 Cam using a Pixcontroller Universal board.

6. Great pics and healthy looking deer.....The one in the third pic will only need 1 or 2 more yrs and he can go in the freezer...:lol:

7. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Sure takes great pictures.

8. Wow that camera takes really nice pictures. You have a heck of a nice spot there.

9. That is one active trail you got there Tom. Nice pics too. Tom what do you think the trigger speed is on your homebrew? How reliable has that cam been for you? Do you build them to sell? Do you have a picture of what the unit looks like? My mind is clicking here??????????

10. The trigger speed on this cam is about 2 .5 day time and a little over 3 at night for the S600 and 2 day time and 2.5 at night for the S40. The S600 has trailmode on sensor . So after the 1st pic is taken the unit stays in the ready mode for 30 seconds allowing the camera to take subsequent pictures as soon as the camera cycles I don't think any of the commercial cams have this. Comes in handy on trails to catch what is following another deer. I have 4 homebrews in operation 3 using the Sony S40 4.1 megapixel and 1 using the Sony S600 6 megapixel which took the pictures in this post. I have not had one single problem with any of the units. With the oldest unit being 3 years old. When my brother and I 1st started building them we had intentions of selling them as a lot of people expressed interest but when it came time to spend the money backed out so we just kept them and used them for our selves.

A few pics of the units.

S40 outside
    [​IMG]

S40 inside
    [​IMG]

S600 outside
    [​IMG]

S600 inside
    [​IMG]

11. Thanks for the info Tom.