Canada Bear Outfitter Recommendations...?

Discussion in 'Bear Hunting' started by Smokepole, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hi guys I burned my WI points last fall and rather than wait 8+ more years to hunt bear again I’m just starting the nerve racking process of trying to find a guided black bear hunt. Anybody that has ever searched for an outfitted hunt knows how worrisome this process can be. I’ve been on a few guided hunts but never for bear. I’ve heard of and read many horror stories of terrible hunts and bad outfitters and I want to do anything and everything I can to avoid a bad experience.

I’m interested in Ontario, or Manitoba. I’m sure there are pluses and minuses for each area and would be interested in learning more about what those would be. I’m looking for a fall 2012 hunt with a very reputable, first class operation. Any first hand experience recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  2. smokepole,

I AM a Manitoba outfitter. If you have yet to go on a guided black bear hunt, pm me for details. I have guided at a few different operations, and I can point you in the right direction.

3. If you are still looking for a black bear hunt for fall of 2013, try Golden Route Lodge in the Chapleau area of Ontario. Have been there several times and shot bear every time there, ranging from 220-550lb. Fishing for walleye, pike, and perch is also great there.