Career of New DNR conservation warden for Sauk County goes back to grade school

Discussion in 'Outdoor News' started by Wisconsin DNR News, Apr 16, 2015.

1. By Central Office April 16, 2015

Contact(s): DNR Conservation Warden Sean Neverman, 608-963-9102

Sean Neverman is walking the talk he heard in fifth grade about his 'dream' job as a state conservation warden for Sauk County.

That's when a Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources conservation warden walked into Neverman's elementary school classroom in DeForest and talked about being an outdoor law enforcement officer.

"After the warden gave a school talk when I was in fifth grade, I decided I wanted to be a conservation warden," Neverman said. "I grew up loving the outdoors; whether it was hunting, fishing, boating, camping, snowmobiling or any other outdoor activity."

So a job based in Wisconsin's great outdoors had a special appeal to him.

Years later, Neverman sealed the deal he made with himself as that Dane County kid. Today, he is working out of the Prairie du Sac station as the new warden covering southern Sauk County. "I always dreamed that one day I could be the warden for southern Sauk County and now I am living that dream," Neverman said.

But it wasn't a direct route.

He earned his bachelor's degree first from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. He worked as a deputy conservation warden for Sauk, Columbia and Dodge counties from 2008 until he was hired as a full-time DNR employee in 2011. During these years, he also worked as a police officer at the Sauk-Prairie Police Department from 2010-11.

As a full-time warden, Neverman has served in Marinette, Port Washington and West Bend before his transfer to Sauk County which feels like home to him.

I grew up hunting and fishing around the Lower Wisconsin River and had the opportunity to work as a deputy warden and police officer in Sauk County," he said. "I look forward to getting settled into the area and working with those who live in, work in, or recreate in Sauk County."

He says the best way to reach him is his cell phone: 608-963-9102. Another option is to call the DNR Violation Hotline and dispatchers can pass on messages to Neverman or any warden. You may call or text: 1-800-TIPWDNR (847-9367.) You may remain anonymous.

Last Revised: Thursday, April 16, 2015

[​IMG]