couple pics to get the blood pumpin

Discussion in 'Deer Cam Pictures' started by kurtish, Oct 9, 2008.

1. kurtish

kurtish Guest

I haven't had much time to run the cams this year as I had a trip to New Mexico for archery elk and i'm in the process of building a home, but here's a few pics that I came up with just prior to the season opener.
    Here's a really nice 3 1/2 yr old
    [​IMG]

A buck we call old Number 7....he was a seven point two years ago and has turned into a 10 point now at what I believe to be 5 1/2 yrs old
    [​IMG]

And lastly a buck that i'm hoping to find the sheds off of this spring. He's a real hum dinger of a young buck. He's just 3 1/2 years old and has potential out of this world
    [​IMG]

I won't be able to get out there much this year but hopefully i'll be able to hit the woods hard for a few days towards the end of the month and the beginning of november to try to fill my tag. Just too many darn irons in the fire this season:mad:

2. Nice pics and great bucks you have there. Thanks for sharing.

3. Awesome Bucks Kurtish. It has to be hard not to be able to be chasing those guys all fall.

4. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Looks like a shooter to me.

5. kurtish

kurtish Guest

I hear ya Steve. On any of the other properties that i hunt they would all be shooters. Unfortunately the only shooter in the bunch is the 5 1/2 yr old. I'm fortunate enough to work for a company that has a large land holding (somewhere in the range of 4,000 ac.) and we've been practicing quality management on it for a good number of years now. The bucks have to be 140"+ or 5 1/2 years of age. It is sometimes hard to pass on really nice young bucks but we've reaped the rewards in the last 4 years with 4 boone and crocket bucks and over a dozen in the 140-160" range taken off of the property.

I have only taken one buck off of this property, but just seeing bucks of this caliber make it alot of fun to hunt, and you never know when a true monster might show up.

6. How do I get a job where you work? 4,000 acres!

7. kurtish

kurtish Guest

You gotta have luck on your side :biggrin:. Yeah it's one hell of a perk. The employee's ony have 1400 or so acres that are open to hunting but i'm not complaining. Where are you from scrappy? We're going to be hiring for a couple of positions soon.

8. I live in northern WI near Eagle River. What kind of work do you do?

9. great pics thanks for sharing

10. Very nice and yes the heart is pumping

11. Kurtish,

Funny I came across this site! I passed up "Old #7" on the family side of the property last year. I figured him only 3 1/2 and maybe 130"s. Saw Dewey from stand last year too. Unless you have permission from Matt, I don't think I would be posting pics on the www. Heading up your way maybe Nov 6th-10th or Nov 14th-17th. Have you seen pics of the buck called Reggie? Saw him run across and stop right in the road last year, peak rut. Tried to go after him but he was on the move. Looked to be mid 150"s last year. Good luck and shoot straight.

luckybucky

12. kurtish

kurtish Guest

Luckybucky, it's a small world huh? I seen the pics of Reggie....hopefully he makes it through the season to see what he turns into. I'm suprised that old #7 isn't older than that.....looking at pics from last year and this year i figured he was older. Best of luck to you too! Things are rocking here right now, I've seen some good ones in the last few days.