close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Coyotes....

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by Canned Heat, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Does anyone here hunt the "mutts"? I'd like to get into it and wondered what everyone used. I've got a 7mm-08 and I'm looking at getting a .223, .22-250 or .220 Swift.

Thanks in advance.

2. I hunt them in the North Kettles with a Savage .204 and love this gun! I have killed 3 since August! Looking forward to do some serious hunting for the Dogs after deer season!

3. If you are just looking to do some population control the 7-08 will get the job done.
    If hide hunting lots of folks have gone to the 204,but the 223 and 22-250 still have a lot of fans

4. I use a 223 and a 243 rem 700 bolt love them both.

5. I got my 243 because im going to use it for deer/coyote hunting. I love my Savage. Just need to get it sighted in a little better before i try out yote hunting...Im planning on going withing the next month or so.

6. What parts of WI are you guys located? I use a RRA Predator Pursuit .223. I'm down near Madison.

7. Thats where im going to start hunting. My first year, yay. I think i got all that i need lol

8. i am in sheboygan :)