close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CWD in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Steve, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Just wondered how the eradication efforts are going in WI?

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

I'm really interested in hearing what is happening regarding this in WI. I fear this will come to Michigan some day soon. It's not a matter of if, but when.

3. I would have to believe Steve that there is a small amount of it already here you dont just see it.......Just my $.02

4. I would not worry at all about CWD Steve... It really don't do much harm. It only effects up to 10 or 12% of any wild population, and somewhere around 24% of the population have a natural resistance to the disease... Its been in Colorado for over 40 years, and no one out there really cares all that much.
    It also don't harm humans or livestock regardless of whats been implied by the WDNR.

5. Wisconsin is starting to back off on it's funding of it also. It seems to be staying in the core area as of now. Bukmastr, is correct with other states having it for years. They never really had a widespread problem with it either.

6. "Eradication Zone" ............that one still makes me laugh. What a total waste of time and money. Millions of dollars down the drain.

7. Here is a shirt I had made last year and gave guys free at the deer show in Madison if they would where it there...
    SAVE WISCONSINS WHITETAILS ERADICATE THE DNR
    [​IMG]