Deer hunting contest

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by kurtish, Nov 13, 2009.

1. kurtish

kurtish Guest

Well I didn't find another entry so I guess I'll kick it off here. My 21 acres produced a dandy again this season. I stayed out of it all year, just watching from the living room to see what was happening. On November 6th I figured that the does, that had been feeding in my alfalfa nightly, would be bringing in some mature bucks to check on their esterous status. I had my decoy in the field at 25 yards, and this nice 3 1/2 year old came into throttle the deke. He gave me a quartering away shot and I let him have it. He's my best buck to date in the headgear department. 137" gross green
    [​IMG]

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Nice, so far you are the winner :)

3. Congrats on a great buck. Great picture.

4. I finally got a buck to throw into the mix. I shot this buck yesterday morning around 7:00am. Took him at 40 yards.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
  5. for some reason the picture isn't loading up. can anyone help me with that?

6. A couple of real nice bucks there guys!
    Kurtish i love the tine length on your buck.
    Scrappy your buck looks like he's done some work with his rack with all those rounded off points.
    Great shooting both of you.

7. Proud Dad

I thought that this would be a good place to brag a little bit. My 10yr old son shot this doe on Sunday morning. She never gave us a broadside shot but he shot her at about 25 yards right through the back of the neck. This is his first deer and first year hunting. We were only able to get out opening day for about 2 hours due to a family funeral but he made the most of Sunday morning with this nice sized doe. I could not be more happy for the mentoring program that our great state has instituted.
    [​IMG]
    Well I guess I am having a little trouble uploading the picture. If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2009
  8. Got this 9 Point Buck in Northwest Wisconsin [Bayfield County] on Opening Day of the Gun Season at 2:00 in the afternoon. Not a monster but a nice Buck for Public hunting land. Aged him at 3 1/2 years old.

[​IMG]

9. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Nice bucks, .... keep em coming.

10. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Anybody get anything over the long Thanksgiving Holiday?

11. this was my best year hunting ever(well so far :))not sure i'd qualify for any contest but here's what i got this year. this is the buck i shot with the bow nov. 1 in the morning. i was calling using estrus bleats(the can) and tending grunts. even though i haven't had him officially scored(he's at the taxi) i believe he's a high 130 to low 140 net buck. this is my best buck yet, i have shot a 14 pointer(gun season) but nowhere near as big.

[​IMG]

this is the buck i shot on nov. 21 opening morning of gun season. i was blind calling using agressive grunts followed by a snort wheeze. i heard crashing 30 seconds later, grunted and wheezed again and he came running in looking for a fight.... he lost. i'm not an official scorer but i scored him(hasn't been 60 days yet either) and he was 135 6/8 gross, never even bothered to deduct anything to figure the net cause i don't really care i know he's no booner
    [​IMG]

12. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Wow you guys are going to make it harder for me to call this contest than I orginally thought.

13. kurtish

kurtish Guest

Congrats Tom and Scrappy, both are real nice bucks and beautiful harvest pics to boot! Congrats Niks on your son's success, that's an awesome start to his whitetail hunting career. Hunterace it sounded like a banner year for you, huge congrats but for some reason all I see is red x's?? could just be the webblocker here at work.
    I still have a little time with the smokepole...no luck this year with the rifle.

14. congrats to everyone above, i was so bsy trying to get pics in my post i forgot to be a gentelman, oops.
    kurtish... i'd assume it's a block at your work, my wife has the same things at hers, they block evrything. nothing too impressive anyways, very nice for me but most sites my deer racks are on the small side :)