close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Feelfree Lure 11.5 Fishing Kayak First Impressions

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by jjdubsoutdoors, May 27, 2017.

1. Just picked up my new kayak the other night, a Feelfree Lure 11.5. From what I can tell so far, this yak is a fishing machine! I tested it out on the water for about 2 hours and overall I was pretty impressed. Caught a couple fish out if it also so that was a bonus.

I'll do a full review on it after I get it out on the water 5-6 more times, but for now here are some things I love about it:
    Very Stable; able to stand up and fish easily
    Seat is super comfortable and adjusts up and down
    Front hatch - lots of room
    Spot to put a crate in the back with straps and bungee cords
    Sonar Pod and dry storage
    Rod Holders with clips to secure rods
    Wheel in the keel to transport to and from launch

Things I don't like so far:
    A little heavy(wheel in the keel makes up for this)
    Tracking is not very good(option to add rudder though)
    Slow(but let's be honest; its made for fishing not for speed)

As of now I think this is a great kayak and I think I will enjoy my new Feelfree Lure 11.5.

Drop a comment below on what you like about your Feelfree Lure if you have one and any modifications that you have done or would like to do!

Please Hit Subscribe!

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

How hard is it to paddle into the wind?

3. It can be difficult! I have fished in some pretty brutal wind 2-3 times out of this now. I tend to stick to smaller lakes though so usually I can manage. This past Saturday was pretty tough though, 20 MPH sustained winds with 30-35 MPH gusts. That was about enough for me to handle haha.