Food Plot Pics 8-2-09

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Habitat' started by Terrific_tom, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Even with the lack of rain the food plots are doing well. I have 1 more plot to plant with a cereal grain and Austrian Winter Pea mix around Labor Day. The deeer by me should have lots of food for this fall and winter. The 1st two pictures are of a 3/4 acre plot of soybeans. The deer are hitting it pretty hard but it seams to be keeping up with growth.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This next picture is of 1 1/2 acre plot that I planted on Friday with a Brassica Blend.
    [​IMG]
    The next picture is a 2 1/2 acre plot planted a week ago with a Brassica Blend showing the growth at 5 days
    [​IMG]
    This next picture is of one of a couple stalks of corn that survived the Glyphosate spraying that I was told was RR but wasn't. This was suppose to be a sight barrier from neighbor's adjoining field
    [​IMG]
    The next 3 pictures are of my 2 acre plot of soybeans.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Nice. I'll be replanting my wheat and rye plots on Labor day.

3. Very nice plots. Do you have many beans under the tops? Thats makes it a double bubble if you get a plant full of beans also.

4. Was up to land today and there are lots of pods on them. Should be lots of protein come late Fall and Winter.