From Tx via the CG

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by kodiak08, Jul 25, 2009.

1. kodiak08

kodiak08 Guest

Good afternoon gents. My name is Christopher. I'm a transplant from Texas. I'm in the Coast Guard and stationed in Sheboygan. I've been here a year now and have 3 more to go. I can't wait to look around and see what all useful info I can find. Last opening day (evening) of gun season I took a good buck about a mile or two from Kohler-Andre State Park off of County Rd V. It was just a few minutes before sundown. He ended up being right at 200lbs with 13pts. I just got the mount back from Bucky's Taxidermy and it looks great. I will try to post a picture later.

2. Welcome aboard! The bucks around here are a site bigger than those down in Texas eh?

3. kodiak08

kodiak08 Guest

The racks are about the same, however their body sizes are pretty different. We have deer this size in Texas, they just aren't so plentiful. I guess you don't need all the extra body weight when its a 100+ degrees out and your winters aren't -4. Haha I am excited about bow season getting closer. Now I just have to get a good climbing tree stand.

4. Glad you found us, and keep up the good work on the big pond, we need you out there.

5. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Welcome to the site.

6. kodiak08

kodiak08 Guest

Thank you very much. Still working on getting a picture up.