Gander Mountain deception

Discussion in 'General Wisconsin Hunting' started by ofg, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Ordinarily I believe in bringing problems to a manager rather than posting, but I had no success in doing sol

Buddies and I were headed for a gun show in Green Bay when we saw a huge sign advertising Gander Mtn. storewide clearance sale up to 75% off. We pulled off the highway to check it out. I found some of the clothing items to be "on sale" but no guns, ammunition, reloading supplies, hunting equipment, fishing equipment, boots, or any other items I was interested were included in the "storewide" sale.

I asked the store manager about this and he said that "technically" within the confines of the outer walls there were indeed items on sale. That made it storewide. I offered my opinion that competing against Cabelas and the internet is always a challenge, and that deceiving (lying to) customers to get them in the door would not serve Gander Mtn. well in the long run.

Maybe such a marketing strategy is what the "clever" business people do. I'll do my business with folks with integrity.

My opinion only.

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Not cool man. Hopefully they clean up their act.