Got My Deer Mount Today

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Terrific_tom, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Picked up my deer mount today. Turned out real nice. The taxidermist pointed out that my deer has a mane, this is not very common as this was only the 2nd deer that he had mounted that had one. I never even noticed it before he told me. You can see it in the last 2 pics. I aged the jaw bone and according to the jaw bone chart the buck was 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 years old. To bad the buck had 6 busted tines, must have been a fighter or a bigger buck kicked the heck out of him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Great mount. I like the pose. What form did you use? 10-4 on the broken antlers. The one I shot this past year had both broken off just above the skull. Had to use an antlerless tag. I few years back I got one with a bullet hole in the main beam.

3. Very nice looking mount.Three years ago I had a nice 8 pointer on film, the week before gun season.The week after gun season he showd up with the whole left side of his rack broken off just above the skull.

4. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Nice deer and mount.

5. That one turned out real nice.

6. Not sure what company the taxidermist used but it is Semi-sneak looking right.

7. The last one I had done I used the full sneak. I think I like the semi better. Thanks for the info.