close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ice Breaker, The Brain Fart

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by woodcockbum, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Oops, I got to my hunting spot, loaded the vest, water, gps, pliers, camera, hmmm no shells. Start fumbling all thru the truck and darned if I didnt drive to the woods and forget shells and the cell phone. I can live without both, but usually if the dog is doing her job its nice to have a loaded gun. Well, I had the dog and camera and carried the gun to fool the dog? So off we went.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At least the colors were great, but finally I got a point. I set the gun down and went for the picture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was a non productive point, I suspect a grouse had been walking around but at least I got a few good pics. No birds heard or seen.
    At least this cover was very close to home, and I did have a camera to "shoot with" so I felt productive..
    The cover was pretty close to home, so I stopped by the house on the way to the next cover.

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Beautiful pictures thanks for sharing.

3. Woodcockbum,
    Very nice pictures. Nice looking dog.
    I am not from Wisconsin, but I follow a lot of Steves message forums as I am a avid bird hunter in Ohio without a lot of birds in Ohio so I make my rounds on traveling to and from to try and knock down the wild ones.
    As you can see from my avatar, I am a English Pointer man and I have owned a GSP female that looked just like yours there. I like to train birddogs basically and watch them in the fields.
    Anyways, keep us updated on how things are going and keep them pictures rolling in.

Greg A

4. Photography is another vice I have, that and trying to be functional on a computer. More photos will follow, later..

5. Never, ever,ever forget the gun. It comes in handy.:D
    [​IMG]

6. Very nice!

What do you shoot with a camera? Mostly birds and dogs?

Merimac

7. [​IMG]
    Sometimes I get a shot of both.

8. Nice...

How old is your dog?

9. Great pics.

Relish those shots. I'm still kicking myself for never getting any good field shots of my late lab. I'm going to get my own digital cam for the truck soon, just for that reason.

Almost forgot....my dad left his rifle at home about 10 years ago in a hurry to get out the door.
    Had his shells though.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007
  10. Rudi is 3 1/2, I have another GSP (Rose) at age 9 1/2, the older one has back issues and cant hunt anymore.
    Both are spayed, and are good field dogs and full time house pets.
    By the way, yesterday I dumped a Rooster Phez in a pond and Rudi did a nice retreive. (She had pointed it too)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007