Ice Flies

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Ice Fishing' started by Live2Fish, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Live2Fish

Live2Fish Guest

Here are some samples of the flies I tie. I can make quite a few different color patterns with the supplies that I have. I also tie them without the cone-heads. I add the cone to the flies for weight. I usually use one without the cone on top and the one with the cone on bottom. The crappie seem to like the ones without the cones on them. I think it's because they flutter in the water instead of sink. I seem to do quite well on these flies. I thought they would make great jigs, and to my suprise they are amazing. I don't even use bait with them and outfish just about everyone near me all the time. Some feedback would be nice. I would like to see if other fisherman think these are something they would like to add to their arsenal. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice looking ice flies. I have been using ice flies for several years with good results. Often better that tear drops. I like them on early ice and again near ice out. Yours are more colorful than mine. I will have to try the cone heads. I like a short little pheasant tail quil. I also like a light (white) fur body with lead wire for weight.

3. Steve

Steve Staff Member

No doubt. Sometimes those ice flies will outperform bait.

4. Live2Fish

Live2Fish Guest

No takers in Wisconsin? The Michigan fisherman love these things. If interested let me know they are selling fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.