Like Father, Like Son: New DNR warden joins Wisconsin Dells team

Discussion in 'Outdoor News' started by Wisconsin DNR News, Mar 19, 2015.

1. By Central Office March 19, 2015

Contact(s): DNR Conservation Warden Mike Weber: 608-370-0079 Public Information Officer Joanne Haas: 608-209-8147

Mike Weber was more than ready to jump from passenger to driver of a Department of Natural Resources truck when this son of a conservation warden became one himself to serve northern Sauk County.

You could say warden work fuels this Wisconsin family.

"Growing up, I frequently rode along with my dad and was able to see the job of conservation warden first-hand," Weber said. "Riding with my dad mixed with my love for the outdoors made me realize that this was the job that I would look forward to going to every day."

And that job was to become a conservation warden - just like his dad, Warden Matt Weber of northern Juneau County.

Weber, who started in January, is stationed out of Wisconsin Dells.

Before joining the DNR, Weber worked as a recreation deputy for the Juneau County Sheriff's Office. He covered boating, snowmobiling and all-terrain vehicle riding - which was good experience for his work as a warden in the active outdoors of Sauk County. He also worked for the county jail division.

Weber's training including field warden work in Waukesha, Winnebago and Eau Claire counties, learning from experienced wardens handling a wide range of duties including community wardening, education efforts and enforcement patrols.

"I am extremely excited to be stationed in Wisconsin Dells," Weber said. "Sauk County is diverse in its natural resources and recreational opportunities. I look forward to working with everyone here."

To reach Warden Mike Weber, you may call him on his cell: 608-370-0079, or you may text or call the Violation Hotline which sends messages to the wardens. The 24-hour hotline call-text line is 1-800-TIP-WDNR or 1-800-847-9367.

Last Revised: Thursday, March 19, 2015

[​IMG]