Looking for a Marlin Model 60 .22

Discussion in 'Sell - Buy - Trade Hunting and Fishing Goods' started by NHfirefighter, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Hi guys, new to the site. My oldest son will be taking hunter's safety next week and will turn 12 the week after small game opens this fall. I'm looking for a good used Marlin Model 60 for his birthday. I live on the eastern side of Wisconsin, 1/2 hour NE of Fond du Lac. I'm more than willing to drive within a couple hours of home to have a look at what you might have.

Thanks!
    Phil

2. My dad bought me a 60 for my birthday, probably about that age. Shot tens of thousands of rounds through it. Seems like every week I would go through a brick of ammo. It is pretty rough these days and doesn't hardly cycle, but it doesn't owe me anything anymore. Point being, I spent more time seeing how fast I could empty its 14 rounds of .22 lead, then concentrating on sight picture and trigger control. I probably would have learned alot more with a single shot bolt action. But if you are set on a 60, for sure you/he won't be disappointed

That's my .02 anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010

3. I know exactly what you mean. My dad bought my 60 for me for Christmas 23 years ago. It's been to hell and back and I still love to take it hunting. I have thrown it around about the single shot, that's what my dad had me use for a couple seasons before getting me the new 60. He didn't want me to be like his brother, Boom-Boom, and empty my magazine at what I was hunting and come up empty handed...

Phil

4. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Sounds like tons of fun and a great way to learn to shoot.