Martin Cheetah

Discussion in 'Archery Tech' started by nimrod1, Feb 29, 2008.

1. nimrod1

nimrod1 Guest

Does anyone have any experience with the Cheetah from Martin Archery?
    I was at Cabela's last weekend, and just browseing when I picked one up. I thought it looked to be a pretty decent bow for the money. Has me thinking I may need a new bow, and this might be it. Would like to hear what you guys think of it.

2. I just bought this exact model about one year ago... the 2007 model. I also thought it was a very good bow for the money. The specs are comparable to alot of higher end bows. The large cams are very nice... and make for easy pulling. They do not have the heavy lobe-over that alot of bows have. This will allow you to pull more weight if you choose to do so. For a reference... the bow chronographed at 268 fps (310 fps IBO) set up for hunting. It also has a short axle to axle (30.5" I believe)... which makes it awesome for shooting out of my Summit Viper tree stand that has the full front bar. Some will claim with short ATA... that it is unforgiving. I have not had trouble shooting this bow. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008

3. nimrod1

nimrod1 Guest

Thanks hunter! I really think this is the way I'm going to go. I just want to make sure before I lay down the cash, since I tend to shoot a bow for 10+ years before I update. Man, have there been an awful lot of changes since the last time I shopped bows!:dizzy: