close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mil-Surp Rifles

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, Black Powder Tech' started by Buck, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Any one shooting the old mil-surp's.I have a Swiss k-31 that is a tack driver,and a 91/30 Mosin Nagant.The Mosin is UGLY but sure gets better looking every time I take it to the range.can not beat it for as cheap as they are selling them for.

2. I'd love to get into mil-surps, but my wife is against collecting guns. I'm still working on her though :) I know that Dunhams had $120 SKSs for a while; that's a pretty darn good deal too :)

3. do you have a pic of that gun??

4. I have looked at the SKS rifle's at Dunhams,some are in pretty nice shape.
    Have been sticking with the bolt actions,less to go wrong with them and do not burn thru the ammo as fast.

Sorry no pic's.

5. I have a British .303 Enfield. It was handed down to me. It shoots very well but ammo is high for it. My father killed several deer with it but now it just hangs on the gun rack. bear

6. I don't currently own any myself. But I do really want to get one. Although that could be said of just about anything that goes boom. They had an sks at Dunhams a few years ago that had notches carved in the stock. Kinda crazy.

Dan

7. I have an old P1917 Enfield Eddystone in .30-06 that was given to me by my great-grandfather when I was 16. He put a sporterized, monte carlo walnut stock on it in the late 50's and took quite a few animals with it around Hayward and out in Colorado.

Last year, I replaced the stock with a "Boyd's" laminate. It's still got an OLD Leupold on it. Weighs about 9-1/2 pounds. Thinking about throwing a bi-pod on the front.

[​IMG]

It's not the most expensive gun in my safe, but it's the most prized to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007
  8. That eddystone is SWEET

9. Thanks. I know my gramps would be proud of the way it turned out. I'm planning on taking it out west next year for a muley/elk hunt.

[​IMG]