Moving to Southern Wis. from Mi. What should I expect.

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by AJ Peacock, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Hi all,

Looks like we'll be moving from Michigan to southern Wisconsin.

Just looking for some high level info.

Fishing:
    I have a 21' Lund I/O (15hp kicker with TR-1 auto-pilot etc.) that I use for Walleye in Saginaw Bay and Salmon out of Ludington. I expect to use it on Lake Michigan around Kenosha for Salmon/Trout.
    What inland waters should I start researching (my wife doesn't like the going out on the Big lakes) ?

Shooting:
    I do a lot of different types of shooting. Used to do a LOT of Cowboy Action Shooting (All over Michigan + State shoots in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Tenn. and Regionals). But haven't really been serious about it in the last 4-5 years.

I've done some serious Long Range Shooting/Hunting and would like to find a club that has a long distance range, 1000yd's or more would be great, but that's probably a pipe dream.

Hunting:
    I grew up in Colo. and go back every couple years for Deer and/or Elk. I've done a little whitetail hunting here in Michigan, but not real serious.

Anyway, Hi all. I'm a little anxious to see what new adventures we'll have in Wis.

Thanks,
    AJ

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
  2. Big Green Lake in Green lake,Wi. lake trout,sysco,northern,walleye,perch. Lake Winnebago in Fond-du-lac walleye,perch,crappie,sturgeon spearing in the winter. If your moving to Kenosha i feel for ya.Your about an hour or so from Chicago if your wife wants to visit the windy city.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013

3. If you bow hunt for deer you can start in September and it ends in January, you couldn't do that in CO. The amount of public land in Wisconsin is not a secret, but most is not in the southeast part of state. The big rivers are open season for fishing I think all year.