New Bear Shows Up

Discussion in 'Bear Hunting' started by Terrific_tom, Aug 1, 2009.

1. I have 3 different bears coming to the bait. The large bear I call Scar Face due to the marks on his face, the second bear I call The Circus Bear due to his antics and poses on the stump and the bear that just showed up at bait I named Razorback for obvious reason that you can see by looking at his pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kodiak08

kodiak08 Guest

Nice pictures. Where are these taken at? I was hoping when I found out I was being stationed here that Wisconsin would have a bear, moose, and elk season. I wish there were a bigger population so the bear wouldn't be a drawing. The elk population seems to be growing slowly though from a few guys I've talked to.

3. Langlade County

4. Do you think that bear is rubbed so bad to look like that, or rolled under a truck maybe?

5. Don't know. The lines are so straight I thought that maybe it got hit. A couple other thoughts from other people were that it is a sow and it came from breeding, rubbing tree, that it's back was exposed when it was denned up and the hair froze off. Whatever happened it looks funny.

6. I had one couple years back that was missing alot of his but/back fur. I watched the progression over a 5 week time table go from an average thickness to being able to see most of his skin in the area. It was not as large as Toms (the area of missing fur) but it was significant. Hot spot? or demedex? That would be a guess.

7. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Great pictures. You guys all out do my Cuddeback pictures.