New guy here

Discussion in 'General Wisconsin Hunting' started by freebird134, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to say hi. I'm moving to Wisconsin in March and am trying to get a jump start on info about hunting and fishing in Wisconsin. I'll be doing ag-related/pest control research out of Madison for the next ~2 years. I'm really stoked to get into some great Wisconsin waterfowl hunting over the next couple years. So if anyone from around there needs a new buddy or feels like helping a guy out with info to find good hunting and fishing, I'd sure appreciate it! :smile:

I'm from Idaho originally, and still do a lot of hunting back there for ducks, mule deer, pronghorn and elk whenever I can get back for a vacation. I also spent a couple years in Florida and am now finishing school in Connecticut, and of course I did my best to hunt and fish anything and everything those places had to offer! So, if anyone is ever looking to do a trip out in those places, I could definitely help you guys out!

I'm beyond excited to move out of the northeast and get to Wisconsin! You guys will probably be hearing a lot from me from now on! :biggrin:

2. Welcome to the site. Wisconsin has lots of hunting and fishing oppurtunities

3. Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find a lot of helpful people on here. I can't tell you anythong about southern wisconsin, but if you ever venture up to central wisconsin let me know. How was the chukar hunting in Idaho? I've thought about taking a trip out there.

4. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Welcome. Look foward to your posts.

5. Check out the deer and turkey expo in Madison april 9th, good times

6. Pickup a copy of All Outdoors Atlas And Field Guide. There is a Northern and Southern Wi edition.They both show lands open to public hunting and alot of other good stuff.