Newbie checking in.

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by displaced_alaskan, Feb 26, 2012.

1. While browsing the web today, I came across this website and decided to register.

As my name suggests, I relocated here from The Last Frontier. Unfortunately, in the 3 and a half years I've been here, I've had almost no participation in outdoor sports. Why? Well a few reasons. I was not happy to leave Alaska, and I didn't have much of a desire to go without my brothers or dad. I also have no idea of where to go; My experience hunting has been limited to areas of the country with a lot less farms and less population density. Also, I had to sell the majority of my firearms when I left AK, as my brother could only store so many for me. The rest, as implicated, are still up in AK. Last year I did get to get in some fishing with my wife, but not as much as I'd like to.

Primarily a firearm hunter (modern and black-powder) I have been interested in expanding into bow hunting. I have a used bow that I picked up about three years ago, but I haven't gotten it re-strung yet or learned how to shoot it. I'd also like to get into shotguns-bird hunting and clay pigeons.

I'm looking forward to making some contacts. I currently live in Rock County and would love to find a place to do some target practice, especially for rifle (600+yd range would be awesome!)

2. Sorry to hear your not happy, but it's nice to have you on board with us. Would love to hear about some of the hunts you have been on in Alaska, always wanted to go there one day.

3. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Welcome to the site.