Newbie from Georgia (need advice)

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by ptm82379, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Hello fellow deer hunters, this is my first post on the forum.

I will be coming up on November 1-4 for a business trip that my wife jas to attend in Appleton. I have wanted to hunt Wisconsin for years and this is my first and possibly only opportunity to do so. I have read the regulations and there are some new concepts in there that I am unfamiliar with. The counties are Outgamie, Calumet and Winnebago.

I will have access to the public areas of course in the tri county area of Appleton but I may have some private land availability as well.

I see that the counties near me have antlerless tags available for purchase and as I understand it I get at least one antlerless tag with the purchase of my license.

On my dates, in the areas specified above, which weapons will be allowed on both private and public lands?

Do I have to abide by the weapon for the season that is specified when using a doe tag? The regs make it sound a bit ambiguous. Kind of like, oh you bought a bonus tag, use what you like to harvest it. This is probably not the case but I want to be sure to plan this trip out properly since it may be my only shot to get one of those tasty Wisconsin deer.

Any advice on weapons to bring and otherwise is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Welcome to the site.