Posting of least land

Discussion in 'Land Sale - Buy - Lease' started by Brenpak, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Brenpak

Brenpak Guest

Im in the middle of leasing some hunting land here in Wisconsin, when I lease this land I want to Post it with no Trespassing signs. My question is who would sign the postings me as a leasee, or the Landlord I guess I would like to know what the proper protocol is, Thank you....

2. well upon reading alot of stuff, and since you don't have to legally post your land.... i would put the land owners name on it. if someone trespasses on the land you leased, they are the only ones with any legal recourse against the trespasser. you do have permission to be there but you don't own it, so if you have permission to post it put the owners name on it. make sure it's ok to do this first also, the owner may not want you putting nails or screws into his trees. hope this helps you, you may want to also talk to the local police and dnr, to make sure what i have said is correct..... Jay

3. Hi,
    You do have permission to be there but you don't own it so if you have permission to post it put the owners name on it, make sure it's ok to do this first also the owner may not want you putting nails or screws into his trees.