Retired at last

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by scubadiver, Feb 27, 2008.

1. New member, longtime Wisconsin outdoorsman, just retired. Now I'll have time to...

Re-wire the trailer lights
    Buy and start training the new puppy
    Clean and oil the reels, load new line
    Tune up my bow, and start practicing
    Bump a jig and minnow over the bottom of Lake Winnebago
    Join the Tuesday night trap league
    Cast a caddis on the West Branch of the Kickapoo
    Work the labs over some pheasants
    Put on the scuba gear and slide quietly under the surface of the lake
    Watch the sunrise from the duck blind
    Photograph the otters on the ice, at the edge of the open water
    Slip deep into the hollow and sit silently, cradling the 30-06

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Welcome to the site, happy posting.

3. you only think ,,,you will have time to do it ,,,you will be busier than ever ..I know from experience:smile:

4. benster

benster Guest

Are you married and if so I hope that is her to do list for you:lol: Good luck with all the fun you can have now.

5. nimrod1

nimrod1 Guest

Welcome scubadiver! Sounds like you have a good plan.:bouncy:

6. nimrod1

nimrod1 Guest

Couldn't have said it better!:lol:
    We gotta get together for a couple cold ones, we'll send the girls to Mac City, while we have a campfire.:idea::biggrin:

7. benster

benster Guest

Have you been up at all? I was up last weekend for the pond hockey tourny in Saint Ignace and man am I out of shape and old and not a very good hockey player. But in my defence I have not been on skates in 13 years. There was about 18 inches of snow. Do you turkey hunt up there at all? We put in for the first season so we will be up if we get our permits. We will get thoes beers in for sure this year. I have not seen any new pic from you lately? Is it me or is it weird that we are talking back and forth on the Wisconsin site?I

8. nimrod1

nimrod1 Guest

A little wierd.

No we have not been up since the first weekend of the year.:frown:
    We are 5.2 miles down a road that doesn't get plowed. So no access right now. That's why I'm not getting any pics either.:irked:

I don't turkey hunt.

Hey, I'm proud of you for even trying the hockey turney. :bowdown: Last time I was on skates, they were rollerblades, I spent the following 13 weeks in a cast, and had 2 surgeries. Not worth it.:tsk::nono:

9. Lists for retired people

Yes, I'm married, and no, that's not her list. She's had me painting the bathroom this week.

Her list is infinite, but she's reasonable too. She knows I didn't work all those years just to become her labor pool. And with the dogs, I always have an excuse to get outdoors.

Thanks for all the feedback; see you on the ponds.