Ross Cr 334

Discussion in 'Archery Tech' started by OwnMoreBone, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Well, finally filled the freezer and going to give the 334 a makeover. I am having new 50 to 60# limbs put on to repalce the 60 to 70#'s. Taking the Winner Choice strings and trashing them. Going to have Todd make up a set of Mountain berry and Lime green cables and strings for it. The Ross did a good job this year. Put 3 does down at distances ranging from 20 to 40 yards. Let 3 bucks walk because they were to small. Had to get things done again this year due to using vaction for medical problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  2. strings

why ya trashin the winners choice an going with somthing else? and whos the guy makin the newbies,, i use bucknasties on my mathews an like em alot,, pre stretched , good price,, any color an no peep rotation

3. Well, I am going to have custom colors made for strings and cables. Also, the person that is making the strings and cables owned a pro shop for 10 years and takes care on my bow. He has been taking care of my bow for 6 + years. The other reason I am trashing the Winners Choice is that they have been on the bow now for 2 years and need to be replaced.

4. Forgot to mention and missed in your post as to who is doing my strings and cables. I am having Todd Dontje former owner of The Archery Shack in Neenah, WI, doing my strings and cables for me. Best bow tech I have ever meet !!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

5. Bloodtrail,
    I was just on my favorite Ross forum. I guess Ross is going to go with G5 strings for 08. The reason they are stating is "quality assurance issues" with Winners Choice. Personally, I think it for other reasons also.

6. hi

hey ty for the reply,, i am not prejudiced against winners choice i was just wondering why you changed,, companies can say how good there products are but its people in the field who dictate how good they are------bloodtrail

7. I know some people swear by Winners Choice and other string manufactures. I kind of look at it as if they don't last try other brands. I am not brand specific on strings and cables. I prefer to change them out every couple of years anyway. I hear through the grapevine that G5 took controlling interest in Ross Archery. Ross is going to use up their WC stock and go to G5 then.