close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ross Cr 334

Discussion in 'Archery Tech' started by OwnMoreBone, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Well, finally filled the freezer and going to give the 334 a makeover. I am having new 50 to 60# limbs put on to repalce the 60 to 70#'s. Taking the Winner Choice strings and trashing them. Going to have Todd make up a set of Mountain berry and Lime green cables and strings for it. The Ross did a good job this year. Put 3 does down at distances ranging from 20 to 40 yards. Let 3 bucks walk because they were to small. Had to get things done again this year due to using vaction for medical problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  2. strings

why ya trashin the winners choice an going with somthing else? and whos the guy makin the newbies,, i use bucknasties on my mathews an like em alot,, pre stretched , good price,, any color an no peep rotation

3. Well, I am going to have custom colors made for strings and cables. Also, the person that is making the strings and cables owned a pro shop for 10 years and takes care on my bow. He has been taking care of my bow for 6 + years. The other reason I am trashing the Winners Choice is that they have been on the bow now for 2 years and need to be replaced.

4. Forgot to mention and missed in your post as to who is doing my strings and cables. I am having Todd Dontje former owner of The Archery Shack in Neenah, WI, doing my strings and cables for me. Best bow tech I have ever meet !!!!:bowdown::bowdown:

5. Bloodtrail,
    I was just on my favorite Ross forum. I guess Ross is going to go with G5 strings for 08. The reason they are stating is "quality assurance issues" with Winners Choice. Personally, I think it for other reasons also.

6. hi

hey ty for the reply,, i am not prejudiced against winners choice i was just wondering why you changed,, companies can say how good there products are but its people in the field who dictate how good they are------bloodtrail

7. I know some people swear by Winners Choice and other string manufactures. I kind of look at it as if they don't last try other brands. I am not brand specific on strings and cables. I prefer to change them out every couple of years anyway. I hear through the grapevine that G5 took controlling interest in Ross Archery. Ross is going to use up their WC stock and go to G5 then.