Soybean Plot Pics

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Habitat' started by Terrific_tom, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Was up at land yesterday to do some planting. I noticed that although the soybeans look healthy they haven't grown as tall as other years. I think it is due to the cold summer that we have been having. The beans are at the flowering stage now. Also looks like the deer having been browsing the beans. I have 2 plots of soybeans both being about 1 1/2 acres a piece. Here are a few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I agree this summer seems to have kept some beans and corn from being as far along as "normal" years. The farmer's bean field behind my house in Outagamie Cty seem to be a little behind as well. My small area of beans in Shawano Cty kept getting mowed so now that RR activity has done it's job to get rid of all the grasses creeping in over last several years, they were recently disked under and went to WW overseeded with some clover. Recent rain should definitely help.

3. I am going up tomorrow to plant a small rye plot. Hopefully all my other plots are doing well. I will post some pics when I get back.

4. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Looks like deer heaven.

5. Yep I like WR better than WW but co-op didn't have any in yet back in early Aug when I stopped. If you're far enough north, looks like they got plenty of rain recently. Good luck