Soybeans Look Awesome 8-25-09

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Habitat' started by Terrific_tom, Aug 24, 2009.

1. can't believe how good my soybeans are doing. Planted regular Ag RR soybeans. I planted a mix of 4 different maturity rates, 105, 107, 109 and 201. It is neat to see each maturity rate at different stages of growth. This mix should give me green growth right up until our 1st frost which usually is around the middle of September but give me very good bean production. I tried to get closeups of all the different stages that the beans are at right now. I did a little experiment as how small of a plot I could plant without the deer over grazing it. My big bean plot is 2 acres and is waist high. The smaller plot is 3/4 acre and is about thigh high due to deer browse but is keeping up. Both plots are loaded with beans. I Broadcasted the seed at about 70lbs per acre.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Great looking beans Tom. When did you plant them? I haven't made it up to see mine in a few weeks but hopefully with the decent rains and the little heat we have gotten they are starting to put on growth. The smallest plot I have gotten away with planting beans in is 1/3acre.

3. I planted the last weeekend in May. The rain really helped mine out.