Spring Trials

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Merimac, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Merimac

Merimac Guest

[​IMG]

Here is the MN schedule for the spring.

Here is the link. http://mngda.blogspot.com/

There is also the North Cental US Complete Championships. It is Thursday April 3rd at the Pine Island grounds near Portage Wisconsin.

And the Don Ditcot will be held in Augusta WI around the 20th of April.
    I don't have all the info on this yet. The date was changed due to poor course conditions.

2. Can you explain to me how these work ?

3. If I am correct they are nothing but "pop gun" trials.....where a bunch of guys and their cronies walk behind a few of each others dogs. They then pick one of their buddies and his dog out as the "best" in that particular division. "puppy, open...etc.etc." Then these "winners" are passed off as FT winners....when in fact their was no retrieving or water work in the whole trial. They don't even shoot any of the birds. They are carrying blank guns. They are bogus events..........if a guy wants to blow the entry $$$ to hang out for a day with a bunch of hunting wannbees.......then that is the venue.:lol:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  4. Merimac

Merimac Guest

Yes.

I Started typing this and it is easier to forward you to a well written web page.

Try this and if you would like more answers let me know and I will do my best to explain.

Ben.