State hunting land close to Racine

Discussion in 'General Wisconsin Hunting' started by gharleyMan, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Hello people, I am in a real quandary. I am attempting to locate a hunting spot on state land offering a decent selection of deer. I am taking my 14 year old grandson out for his very first deer hunt this year so would very much like to make it special for him. I have been looking at three different places and would like the feedback from anyone familiar with them in and for the quality these areas offer wherein deer, squirrel, rabbit and pheasant are concerned. The first one is Honey Creek Wildlife Area located near Rochester, second is Turtle Creek Wildlife Area, located near Delavan, and the third is New Munster Wildlife Area, west of Kenosha. If there is anyone familiar with these areas I would very much appreciate your response. I also am open to any other suggestions likewise. My primary concern is picking a particular spot, getting there early early, only to see vast numbers of Orange all around us. Like I said, this is his first hunt and I would like to find a spot with the least amount of hunting pressure as possible, if that is even possible or not. Thanks people; I appreciate your input.