Stuck!

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Habitat' started by IQDM, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Spring is a wonderful time of year! The best time of year to get out to the land and start doing some serious habitat work! Unfortunately spring is also the wettest time of year! But will a little soggy soil keep us from working on the land? Not a chance! However, wet soggy marshes and swamps have ways of getting the best of us at times!
    I'm talking about getting stuck! Whether it's your truck, tractor, atv, or own two feet, post your pictures of getting stuck while working on the land!
    Here are some of my "adventures" My friends say I have problems!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes I got stuck trying to pull the other one out!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yup

Yup ! thats Stuck !!!----Thanks, That makes me feel a whole lot better !

3. If you play with fire you're going to get burned... or something like that.
    [/COLOR]
    Today I was running a line of fire along a road with my ranger and drip torch. The road was nice and dry, but when I turned to bring the fire up the side and went through the ditch...
    [​IMG]
    It got pretty deep pretty fast! I quickly threw it in reverse... no go... The line of fire was literally a foot from the driver's side door of the ranger and starting to take off, so I had to think fast! luckily I had a sprayer on the back of the ranger with 50gal of water for just such a predicament.:biggrin:
    [​IMG]

I battled the blaze back to a safe distance and was able to take these pics.:coco:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was only a wet reed canary grass marsh, so the flames were pretty moderate. If this had been a NWSG stand however, I probably would have to try to explain to the insurance company how the ranger melted! (or worse)

Never can be too careful while burning! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  4. Steve

Steve Staff Member

That's some serious stuckage.

5. Putting some tile in... Now that hunting is pretty much over, I am looking forward to this habitat season's suck adventures!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011