The best way?

Discussion in 'Bear Hunting' started by jknoel, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Hello,

thought about sharing some of my bear pics for people to see-I know some people enjoy that but I am not the sharpest guru on the computer. whats the best or simplest way in dong that on this site
    Thanks,

Joe

2. Get your 5 year old to show you how to do it is the simplest way. :lol:

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [​IMG] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010

3. Steve

Steve Staff Member

jknoel, welcome to the site. Upload your picture here first, then when looking at your picture in our photogallery, copy the code under your picture in the box labeled:
    "medium image" and paste it in your post here. The pictures will then appear.

4. What has been said will all work.

For these sites that will allow an image to be posted without uploading to their server. Like the way LL has it. You need to load it first to a photo gallery of some sort. Like perhaps the one on this site.

There are other picture hosting sites out there as well. Photobucket is a popular one, a little harder to use. Hunt101 is another popular one and pretty easy to use with unlimited space. All you have to do is upload the pic to that site. Once loaded click on the picture. Below it will options wil come up for posting. Clicking on the more option icon will give you a choice or medium small, large image depending on the pic size. Right click and copy the text in this box. Then go to the thread, or site you wish to post it, and click paste. All done. The pick will show up when the post is made.

It is very important to keep the image size down. Under 100k is best, under 50 even better. This will help the load times for everyone!! his can start and be done with the camera by setting it to take 800x600 or less picture size. 640x480 is about perfect. Still gives you a quality picture, and a smaller size to load to the web, or email. Nobody likes getting those pics in the email that are over 1 meg in size. Can take a long time to download that message.

Hope this is not to confusing!