close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Total Bummer

Discussion in 'Deer Cam Pictures' started by Terrific_tom, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Went up to my land today and did a little hunting. This weekend is doe only. Still hunted into stand checking cams as I went. 6 degrees when I went in and 10 degrees when I left at dark. Froze my but off, but I can't think of a better way to spend my Birthday. [​IMG] 10 inches of snow on ground the woods were a winter wonderland. Saw 6 deer, the does never presented a shot. All this was good. Got home and checked the pictures and saw the pictures of this very nice buck after the gun season was over. Thought to my self he will be very nice next season, then I zoomed in closer and my heart sunk. [​IMG] There stuck in his side is an arrow [Not mine] The 1st pic is The night that gun season closed so unless some one is violating he had been running around at least 10 days with the arrow stuck in him. The second picture is a week later. Looks like he lost weight. I hope he makes it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I zoomed it in so you can see it better, Strange when a deer is hit they will reach back and pull the arrow causing a lot more damage, doesn't look good, If the arrow fell out there is a 95 percent chance he would make it, seen many shot and lived
    [​IMG]

3. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Wow, that's too bad.

4. Well this buck is still living. Got a pic of him this past week. The arrow appears to be getting closer to falling out. I think the longer he makes it the better chance he has.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. WOW, thats amazing! Great pics, I hope he makes it! They are a pretty hardy animal so I rooting for him! Keep us updated if you get anymore pics!

6. Update

I saw this buck Thursday while bowhunting. Saw him right at closing time. He has dropped his antler's and has a very hard time getting around. I would have shot him with bow and put him out of his misery if he would have offered a shot. The way he was stumbling when he walks, I don't think he will make it. What a shame.