Usual first hunting date?

Discussion in 'Archery Tech' started by brokenarrow, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Do any of you have a regular opening day (for your season) or do you first go out hunting when ever time permits?
    From 16 to 33yrs old I dont think I ever missed a opening weekend. Many of the opening weekend trips were more of a socializing weekend than a die hard hunting weekend. Hell sometimes it was 80 deg! Tough to hunt hard in warm weather like that.
    My last child goes off to college this fall and for all practical purposes I am like a 19 year old again. I can do what I want when I want. Since I am older/wiser and dont drink much (if any, ever) I was thinking I will try and make it out opening weekend again. How about you guys?

2. I always try to get out opening Day of Bow season as the deer aren't hunter educated yet. Sometimes though other more important stuff come up that doesn't allow me to get out on the Bow Opener.

3. I have never missed the opening weekend of bow or gun hunting. My wife knows how important it is to me, so we make it happen. In my opinion opening weekend is the best time to hunt besides the rut. Good luck to all!

4. Steve

Steve Staff Member

First full weekend of October.