Were you able to harvest a deer this year?

Discussion in 'Frontpage Polls' started by Steve, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Steve

Steve Staff Member

Let's take a poll.

2. I don't harvest anything....I hunt, I do not farm.

A hunter needs to kill game in order to get it in the field. I do not plant deer, grouse, ducks...etc., etc., etc..........

I'm sorry but I just hate that term "harvest" in reation to hunting or fishing.

3. :bowdown:

Steve,

Pretty slow around here, but I was able to take a mature buck and it will feed the family. Not the deer that were around years ago.

4. A doe

I was able to harvest (just for you Thorton:wink:) a doe with a bow, but have been unsuccessful in killing a buck.

5. Boo-who....first there were no woodcock around, now whining about no deer.........waaahhhhhh!!!:coco:

6. Saw 7 deer the first 3 days of the gun season. Shot a mature buck but both antlers were broken off just above the skull. Had to use a antlerless tag.

7. SAW 10 DEER OPENING DAY, 1 THE SECOND DAY AND NOTHING FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.SHOT A SMALL BUCK THE SECOND DAY.ALL FOUR OF ITS FEET WERE ABOVE GROUND NOT STUCK IN THE GROUND SO I ASSUME IT WAS KILLED NOT HARVESTED.:smile:

8. kurtish

kurtish Guest

I took 4 deer this year. 2 bucks and 2 does and I'm still going to try to shoot one more doe during late archery season.

9. No WI deer for me, but hoping to get out yet in the late season a time or two. I did not see any mature bucks with-in bow range this year, and over all the amount of deer that I did see was down from previous years. I did take the air out of one in Missouri though (8pt)

10. Thorton

Some people post with an eye towards the PETA files who may be reading the board, others post and want to be exceedling "polite" and not offend anyone-I don't think anyone here has a problem with the word "kill", as we don't collect them for pets-but someone else reading this board just might. So I don't blame Steve for using that word "harvest" at all, he's trying to bring people to this board, not turn them away.

I harvested, took, bagged, collected, killed and field dressed, a doe. I don't care about horns.

WP-"above the ground"??? Was he flying?? LOL

11. Birdhunter, I was just trying to make lite of Thorton's ref to "not planting deer, grouse etc." (feet not stuck in the ground) I suppose I should have said on the ground instead of above.I'm sure the DNR must have some rule or regulation against shooting flying deer.I agree, in this day and age "Harvest" is probably the best term to use.

12. NO whining here just meat in the freezer !

Thanks for caring about me you are a great guy.

13. I live in Indiana though

so I hope that doesn't throw off the results. I said yes, I harvested a buck on the opening day of our shotgun season, and I shot a doe with muzzleloader last Friday. I am trying for one more doe for a friend that can use the meat.